Monday, May 21, 2007

1,800 DOLLARS PER TANK

My last post was somewhat bitchy regarding the financial aspect of publishing through the distribution system. While the economics of book selling is less than a happy circumstance, the price of gas these days is even more unsettling.

And there's worse news!

The price of chocolate is skyrocketing.

I bought a box of truffels recently and, after the initial sticker shock wore off, I figured out the rich, dark, anti-oxidant miracle cost me $5.66 an ounce. Yikes! I further figured out that, if my car ran on chocolate, it would cost me $1,800 to fill 'er up!

I now feel grateful that my car uses gas and that the economics of publishing seems positively sedate compared to the oil and chocolate industry.

All you gotta do is redefine the paradigm.

No comments: