Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WHAT HUCK SAYS 'BOUT BOOK WRITIN'


Having finished "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" as an assignment from a teacher who has read some of my new book-in-progress, "Raised by Savages," I found what Huck said at the end of his adventure ironic at best and discouraging at worst: "...and so there ain't nothing more to write about, and I am rotten glad of it, because if I'd 'a' knowed what a trouble it was to make a book I wouldn't 'a' tackled it, and ain't a-going to no more."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not in the least bit related but over at the neighbours drinking wine and talking about cruises. Shared the story of you being at the Captain's table and our table not allowing the photographer take our group shot until you returned to our table.


Ah, such memories.